Planned giving allows individuals to defer giving until a future date, either a number of years from now or at death. Planned giving can be accomplished through a variety of ways.
- Bequests – a gift made at time of death through either a will or a trust. This can include cash, investments or property. A simple line in your will or trust naming the Foundation as a recipient and the amount to be gifted will provide a future gift on your behalf. Please contact us to discuss specific uses of your bequest.
- Trusts – A charitable trust gift is designed to give you ongoing income, immediate tax relief and confirms your commitment to helping those in our community. With a Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT) as a part of your estate plan, assets are transferred to the trust where appreciated assets can be sold without incurring capital gains tax. A percentage of the Trust’s value is paid to the donor, with the remaining balance being paid to the charity.
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans – Charities can be named as the beneficiary of life insurance policies and retirement plans.
- Real Estate – Real estate may be donated to a charity while allowing the donor to remain in the home for life (life estate).
Commemorate the life of a loved one, or honor someone special by making a gift on his/her behalf. Tribute gifts will be acknowledged in the following ways:
- Honored individuals or groups will be sent a letter informing them of the Tribute Gift. The amount of the gift is not included.
- For Tribute Gifts in memory of someone, a letter expressing sympathy and the sentiment made with the gift will be sent to the family. The amount of the gift is not included.
- Tribute gifts may be made any time throughout the year. To make a tribute gift of less than $500, you can use our online contribution option.
For more information on tribute gifts and other giving opportunities with the Foundation, contact Lori Carozzoni at 814.234.4460 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making a corporate donation is a simple and meaningful way to take a leadership role in the community and to demonstrate to employees and customers that your company cares about the community in which we live and do business.